Monday, October 13, 2008



Well, I finally got the frame together. After many weeks I can look at the ramp and get a true feel for what it will be. I spent the morning leveling off the North end of the ramp. I had some trouble though. The metal shelves were taking up about 1/2” that I needed. The frame for the barn was sticking out a bit and left no room to move the shelves back. SO I had to notch them out. This took about 2 hours.



What a big pain, especially because I had to work with the barn closed up to avoid another allergy attack. It was like really hot in there today. Especially working with the grinder and getting in an enclosed spot under the transition.




After all that, the flat bottom was easy enough to level off. I will have to do some shifting though. The North Quarter pipe is shifted about 1 1/2" to the East. Close enough though, I'll just have to mush it over a bit.

So for next week, I’ll have to finish getting the bricks in throughout the entire frame. I also need to figure out the 8’ sections of flat. I was not anticipating the raising of the whole ramp. I’ll need to do some bracing. I may double brace every two or?? Research.



I hope to have the decks installed by the end of next week and begin pouring the coping and getting the metal coping together as well. Then it will be time to get the plywood and masonite. I’ll need some help sheeting the ramp so whoever can spare some time – chime in…

1 comment:

Tom said...

Lou you crazy bastard I didn't know you were really doing this now. Let me know if you want a hand. I started work but am free intermittently.