Friday, October 10, 2008

Flat Flat Flat





This week it is the Flat Bottom express. And not J-Lo.

I began building the Flatbottom on Thursday and got half of it done. I got the other half built by 11am Friday and spent the rest of today leveling the ramp off. It looks like I'll be leveling all day tomorrow as well. But things are going as planned. However, I will have to raise the ramp about 3" which will cut down on head room again.. Ugh!!



I am also starting to get an anxiety attack over the distance between the joist for the barn roof and the lip of the ramp. I checked it out before and should have room but I always get all spazzy. I let the cat out of the bag at Wilson the other night. I wanted to wait until I had the frame completely built. So hopefully, I'll be able to tie everything together tomorrow (Saturday) and then take some pics of the ramp in its skeletal state and then blow it out to Chicago!



I am not to worried about people randomly showing up here. I doubt that very many people will make the drive anyway. Even though I did it every day this summer!! The funny thing is that most will probably not like the ramp. But I am glad that I was finally able to build something that I wanted. I talked to Bill last night and he was totally stoked on the ramp. As soon as I explained the dimensions he said "Fuck thats an old school vert ramp!" "I used to ride that shit all the time!" So if he is in agreement then I have nothing to worry about!!



I took a bunch of pics some step by step stuff but it is self explanatory.

No comments: