Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pour that coping FOO! 10/19



Finally the moment I have been dreaming about!! Let me tell you I lay awake many nights dreaming about doing some concrete work!! I so wish that I could score a summer job next year working for one of the crews out there and just pouring pools! Well, this is my first so hopefully it will work out!!

I got up bright and early this morning with one thing in mind, pour that coping boy! I got my wheel barrel out, a shiny new bucket, an empty 1 gallon milk jug and a stack of Quickcrete! I was ready to go! So the first batch well, it was windy and half of my material went across the land. SO I got smart the second time around and closed the barn door! It gets windy out here.



I mixed up according to directions and then added a little more water to get that nice workable mud. I hooked up my ladder so it was right next to wheel barrel. My plan was to shovel the crete into the bucket and carry it up the latter and dump the crete into the form. This went very well. It would have been less taxing with two or three guys there but for a one man show all was well!!.



I had fun using my little concrete trough and giggling the concrete into place. I had to shake the ramp and pound on the form with a hammer and 2 x 4. I eventually realized that if I ran the jigsaw on the edge of the ramp, that would get the vibrating feel a bit better to consolidate the crete. I'll do that next time I guess.




But all in all it went well. I did run out though, I was one bag short, so I had to rush out and get another. But the air bubbles started to come up and I giggled it again and it seems to be setting up pretty well. I just hope it stays up there and doesn't crack up and send little rocks flying everywhere on the ramp...


2 comments:

This is it said...

Hey man, ramp is looking good. I'm friends with The Creature, his coping came out good, but let that shit cure. Anyways, do me a favor and rotate your pictures!!! It's giving me a headache! ah, keep it brodha!

Randy said...

Hey Lou-

I'm supposed to wait 'til March to ride again, but damn! That ramp has the same tranny that my old backyard ramp had. I can't wait to ride it! You got a PayPal account I can contribute to for plys?