Saturday, October 11, 2008

Flat Bottom ugh ugh


I watched Fight Club with Man Night Eric and now all I want to do is kick my own ass! Well, I kinda did this morning. I have been having so many allergy attacks lately that I finally broke down and got some of that Zyrtech and it made my head spin the last few days. So I have been a bit off.




This morning when I got out to the ramp I climbed up to the top to measure the distance between the lip and the rafter. As I was climbing up I went to grab for the 2 x 4" on top and it was a 2 x 10" so I missed the grab and fell backwards. As I was decending in a panic, trying to run down the 2 x 4" surface I slipped my foot between two of them and immediately went into leg slap mode. SO luckily I kinda loosened up and pushed up with my arms and torso, trying to relieve the pressure my weight would have put on my leg. So, I did not hear a snap. But I was kinda jacked up from that one. I got some nice swelling and my ankle is all week now. Nice.

So after I got my shit back together, I climbed up again and telling myself to grab for a 2 x 10". My fears of yesterday and the past caught up with me. The ramp was too close to the joist. SHit. SO, the only thing to do was to wipe yesterday's work clean and move the ramp back. It is going to work a lot better though. I decided to move the quarter pipe section back enough to allow for 16' of flat. Which I really needed anyway. I was just trying to get more deck on that side and had to deal with the rails for the roll up door.



SO I am only gonna have 3' of deck on that side and will just cut off the rails all together. I'll weld them back up later. But now, the flat should be good and hopefully everything will line up.

I spent the rest of the morning re-leveling that whole side and getting it square. Then I had to extend the flat out 9 1/2". I decided to just take apart the whole thing and add longer rails to each flat bottom piece. I didn't want to risk adding a new smaller piece in and then have it shift or crack and later get a kink in the ramp. So I did the pain in the ass thing, but the better thing for the ramp.

I was able to level out half of the flat too so then I feel like I made a little progress today. I got a true 16' of flat, no future head smacks on the joists and a level ramp.

Tomorrow, I'll level off the rest of it and try to get the decks secured to the ramp.



Also, I started to get another pain in the ass allergy attack and decided it was time to quit for the day. I was trying to get a sesh going at Wilson. SO, I drove to Chi with one eye exploding and my head feeing like it was dipped in pepper. I got to the park and it was just as bad as when I left. Of course there was a rad sesh going on. I took one run and realized that I was about to die in there. Having blurred vision, disorienation, and histamine overload. sucks.

No comments: