Saturday, October 25, 2008

50 sheets and ready 10/22-25



This week was all about getting the ramp ready for plywood. I got pretty sick on Tuesday so no work there. I was actually out there trying to do some work but the world was spinning and my breakfast kept flying out of my mouth. Not too fun!! But I am feeling way better now!

Thursday was spent doubling up the flat and getting more of the odds and ends tied up. Friday was very busy - had a Doc apt and then looked at an apartment which I took by the way!! Oh yes! Independence once again!



Friday afternoon, I went to pick up 40 sheets of 3/8" for the first two layers of the ramp. I had 10 already so I hope this will be enough. Most of those 10 are odd sheets though? I guess MR Karate used all the good and true 4' x 8' sheets to build the bank at the carwash?



Just as I arrived, a total down pour was in full form. I was so pissed that I just baja'd the van straight on back to the barn. (Not really but I was really worried all day that it would rain and then I would get stuck back there!) When I brought the first load of wood, it rained all weekend. I had to trailer it back with the lawn mower and a tarp. But luckily the ground was firm enough and the rain stopped for a bit!



So I got it all unloaded and ready for Saturday. My old buddy Dave Marevka came by to check out the ramp - he was stoked!



I am staying in the city all week cat sitting. So I had to head back to Bryn Mar after Man-Night at Eric's place. A very long day! I got back around 9am Saturday morning. I was kinda out of it, I could not sleep last night! All I could think about was the ramp. I was a bit worried about the truss situation again and may have to support the 3 inner truss once I take out the center beam.



I got a bunch done early - tying the north deck all together with the ramp and finishing all of that off. I also double braced the lower most transitions. I started to get worried about that. Mike Callahan showed up around noon and Pat sk8 appeared soon after so I got some great help today!! Thanks!



After much piddling around on my part I finally got the first layer of plywood going. It was really slow at first but once we got going it began to flow well. We got the flat bottom plyed and a few of the drills went dead and we were running out of time for the day. So, I called it. But we did take the form off of the concrete coping!







It was like X-mas day! only EVIL! The pour came out pretty RAD. There is only one spot where the 'crete did not separate properly and I have some pitting from the rocks falling out. I will patch that part up but the rest appears to be good. I'll have to do some polishing and grinding but for the most part, the coping seems to look like it should! I am gonna dream about that coping tonight!



So it was a good days work and more dudes are supposed to show tomorrow!! SO I hope we can get more progress 2mro!!!!! Thanks again to Mike and Pat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to be of help. can't wait til the first session.

-callahan