Monday, November 10, 2008

Gettin' it down and makin' it happen










Yes, this has been a long 8 weeks. Yes, I worked my ass off and Yes, it is done!! I got a few things done on Tuesday and then Mike Callahan and Cappetto came by and worked with me all day Thursday. We plyed the hell out of that damn thing people!! Dave came by too to offer some support and by 2:00 the masonite was down!

I had to do the wrong but right thing for now and put down three shitty pieces in the flat. One was an 1/8" instead of 1/4", and two others were busted. I did pick up the replacements on Saturday and will get them in this week so it will all look good. But as for now the ramp is ready!

Mike Owen showed up around noon and after we got it all together, Mike, Mike and Cappetto were shredding! I was still obsessed with getting the details finished and could barely concentrate. I took two runs and slammed across the flat both times. My trucks are soooooo loose that I am just not used to going fakie. Ha!

I still gots more to do this weekend.

1 comment:

Phill said...

Lou the ramp looks great cant wait to grind the coping. I would like to contribute to the ramp expense I did not come and build it with you at the end and you did so much by yourself. I would like to help with some of the expenses. I assume it cost $1000.00-$3000.00 to build after all the tools, screws, etc. I assume everyone is contributing money is $100.00 enough our do you need more per person? There is no reason for you to carry all the expense, work and location. Please tell me how much you would like. Where do I send a check?
Phill