Monday, November 10, 2008

First official sesh - Sunday Sunday Sunday Bears loose - Lou Wins!!

Sunday, I wanted to get the metal coping reset and replace the shitty pieces of masonite in the flat. But, when the dudes showed, they had one thing on the mind. SHRED! So yes, I agree - a virgin vert ramp indoors when it is 35 degrees and drizzle. Yes, this is what I have been waiting for!



Mike Callhan -

So I temporarily screwed down the deck and got some minor details worked out and the dudes started to ride. Cappetto, Mike Callahan, Jordon, Danny, Pat and USA Kevin were all on hand for the first official session. I was really apprehensive about the whole thing. I was so afraid that I was gonna hit the truss by dropping in or just kick turning. I was having nightmares all week about it.



After a long warm up period I finally dropped in on the side with the most room. then after a few more runs it was the short side. But my big ass still had 2' of clearance. It will scare the crap out of you though. I think it was mostly because we were the first to do it all and it is always scarey. Jordon had no problem doing 50/50s, lean to tails, inverts, etc. He even got a nice 2' air, clean and safe.

Callahan was ripping too, unit 540s and all the madness that is the Callahan. It was all starting to emerge. I think we were all just testing the boundaries today. Trying to see what was possible and what is not. But I think it will work. You just have to be very mindful of the truss and believe me, when you get up on the deck and look at them, you will. It is a huge test of faith to drop in but no problem at all.



I am really happy with the ramp itself. The flat feels just right, the transitions are tight but not terrible and the height is just right. It is what I was goin' for! I just have to do more detail work, and get things right in the barn now. Also, if any engineers out there could give advise on moving/modding the truss for more clearance it would be much appreciated!!

Thanks to all for your support and come down and shred with us!!

My only rule is do not show up when I am not shredding or unless you are in the know about a session. I do not live here and the barn will be locked. If you trespass, you may get your leg gnawed off by the dogs or worse, have to deal with my dad and his 12 gauge. It is not a threat, it is reality... You may just be haunted by the possum .

No comments: